Dream Dress is a full-service prom dress boutique with a physical store in Cedar Rapids, IA. If you choose to place your order online, be assured that you will receive the same high level of service that our in-store customers do.
Our online ordering policies are as follows:
All online dress orders are Final Sale, as are all other purchases. This is the same policy we employ in our store.
We do not give refunds, we do not take returns, and we do not give store credit on any orders. We do not accept cancellations on orders for any reason. We will not be responsible for you ordering the incorrect size, style or color. Dress sizes may vary by designer so we highly recommend you take your measurements and view the designer size chart on their website to ensure you are ordering the correct size. If in doubt, we recommend ordering the size that will accommodate your largest measurement. Alterations may be necessary to get the best fit and are an additional cost. Keep in mind most dresses can be made smaller, but not larger.
If you are unsure what size to order, we will gladly take your measurements in the store and help determine the proper size.
We will communicate with you personally after receiving your order to confirm that your item will be received in time for your event.
We will issue a full credit if, due to unforeseen circumstances, your item cannot be shipped in time for your wear date and we will inform you of this rare occurrence in a timely manner. Additionally, a credit will also be issued if we ship you the wrong size, style or color.
Please note that the prices that you see on our website reflect the Designer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). The designers that we represent do not allow their collections to be displayed on a website for a lower price than the MSRP price that you see on our website. If you see a lower price on any other website for the exact style from the same designer than you can KNOW FOR CERTAIN that website is producing and selling COUNTERFEIT DRESSES of inferior quality and shipping them as originals.
In the event that a product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Dream Dress reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Dream Dress reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we shall issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the incorrect price.
Free ground shipping on purchases of a full price dress that is $300 (before tax) or greater. There is a $20 fee for dresses not meeting this requirement. Shipping policy excludes Alaska & Hawaii. We do not ship internationally.
If you have any questions please contact us during store hours so that we can address your concerns and answer your questions personally. We can be reached at 319-210-7190.
Thank you for shopping at Dream Dress!
Dress Measuring for Your Bust-Waist-Hips
Here is how to get your dress measurements
- Stand up straight with your feet together and both arms lifted
- Make sure the tape is level when measuring
Measuring Your Bust:
- Take the tape around your back
- Bring it across your bust at the fullest part
- Record measurement
Measuring Your Waist:
- Wrap the tape around your waist (located an inch above your belly button or naturally where you curve in when you bend side to side)
- Record measurement
Measuring Your Hips:
- Loop the tape completely around your buttocks and thighs at the fullest part
- Record measurement
Now that you have all three measurements, make sure you match them accordingly--bust-waist-hips (For example: 34.5-26-36).
- When measuring over undergarments, keep the tape level and pull it together, but not too tight.
- If you will be wearing special undergarments with your dress, measure over those.
- Most formal dresses run smaller, usually one size smaller than normal clothing. If you are in between sizes, choose the larger one as it is easier to alter a dress than to let it out.
- And remember, every designer has different size charts. So sizing can vary with every dress.